NOW HIRING: MOTION DESIGNER / ANIMATOR
Cinesaurus is an award-winning creative studio that makes digital content that people actually want to watch and share. The company was founded in 2010 to tell stories that explore new horizons, share bold ideas, and inspire the future. We are based in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle.
Collectively, our videos have accumulated over 400 million views and millions of shares via Facebook and Twitter. We produce content for a diverse range of clients across tech, science, gaming, sports, and beyond, including Deloitte, Wizards of the Coast, TYR Sport, Google, and many more. And our work has been reported on by The New York Times, The Hollywood Reporter, NPR, The Huffington Post, and every blog you’ve ever heard of.
Our team is looking to add a full-time Motion Designer / Animator to creatively visualize and animate content for both client and in-house original video projects from creative through post-production.
This graphic represents the skills that will be focused on for this position. The center skill (2D Flat Motiongraphics) will be the primary focus of this position, while the surrounding skills are “nice to have.” Candidates are not expected to have proficiency in all of these areas.
- Design and animate exceptionally dope motion graphics for animated and live-action videos
- Work directly with directors/producers to understand vision for animated projects
- Develop previsualization, style frames, and storyboards for animated projects
- Create story, design concepts, and motion language from creative briefs
- Adapt art style to flexibly meet the needs of changing creative direction and brand guides
- Attend client meetings for artistic brainstorming and to present ideas
- Work with Cinesaurus principals on continued process improvement and innovation
- Enthusiastically jump into something new and help the team bring any project to life
Experience & Personal Qualities
- 3-5+ years of experience in motion design for both animated and live-action video
- Strong 2D and 3D motion graphics capabilities in After Effects
- Proficient in rigging and animating 2D characters in After Effects
- Well-versed in general VFX and compositing, including live-action and animation
- Bonus points if you have other types of animation experience, such as traditional, 3D, stop motion, etc.
- Bonus bonus points if you like to dabble your toes in game engines, VR, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects, including related plugins
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong video editing skills, using Premiere Pro
- Excellent aesthetic for design, color, composition, typography
- Creative mind to tell meaningful stories (but also silly garbage sometimes)
- An instinctual self-starter that sees gaps to fill, constantly looks for new opportunities, and loathes down-time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative, open mind for giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Able to effectively communicate creative ideas within a collaborative environment
- Detail-oriented to achieve a high-standard of quality
- Willingness to put in longer hours when projects demand it
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects running concurrently.
- Desire to work with a small, close-knit team and make a big impact on what the company achieves
- Ability to work both independently and under close direction
- An intense passion for being a part of the digital creative and filmmaking process from creative development and pre-production through post-production and launch
- Thorough understanding of digital filmmaking, design, and advertising industries
- Not a lewd, crude, rude, bag of pre-chewed food dude!
A few benefits of joining Cinesaurus
- We offer competitive salary and benefits, including a generous health, vision, and dental insurance plan
- Our team is some of the happiest, most hardworking people — In fact, sometimes we’re so happy that our giggling extends past our scheduled laugh breaks and the ancient ones get mad
- Our office environment is flexible, autonomous, supportive, and collaborative
- Flexible vacation and work-from-home days
- Our office is stacked with drinks and snacks on snacks on snacks
- Weekly lunches provided by the company
- Playing a key role in a growing company with opportunities for future leadership
- We love sharing in each other’s interests, like science, space, future, etc.
How to Apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following things:
- Work samples or portfolio
- A link to a video that makes you laugh (from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- A link to a video that makes you say “Oh wow, damn, that was nicely done.” (from YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- A short explanation of why you’d like to work with us
Include “MOTION DESIGNER / ANIMATOR” as your email subject line.